Monday, January 7, 2008

So much stuff and some very sad news

Today was an incredible learning day for me here in Tampa. Oh my gosh did I get some amazing information! I can feel my brain expanding moment by moment and I haven't exploded yet (thankfully)! But I am getting a ton of knowledge from some very talented artists and I'm bringing home with me such great information! I can't wait to see what this year will bring Frameable Faces!

For starters, I'm going to be offering a baby plan. This will be a program that you purchase for a set amount (which will be determined shortly) and you'll get 3 photo sessions and an 8x10 from each session. There'll be some more details that'll go along with it, but again, if you know someone who's having a baby in the very near future, steer them my way. I'll make it worth their while!

Ok, for the sad news...I'm in Tampa with a friend from a forum that I'm a part of. And one of her friends came with her. So here I am staying with two "almost" strangers. Anyway, they're both great and we all get along very well. So, Heather (the roommate that I'd never met before being at this convention) tells me that she's friends with the missing hiker/mountain climber from Georgia. Heather actually was out searching for Meredith the night before leaving for the convention. She's been glued to the news hoping for any information about her friend. We were all together when Meredith's dog, Ella, wandered into a Kroger supermarket and when the police arrested the man last seen with Meredith.

Well, today we got the news that we were hoping NEVER to hear. Meredith's body was found. Heather got a phone call from a friend right before we got dinner delivered. It was so sad... So tonight, before I go to bed, I'm going to say a prayer for Meredith Emerson, her family, and for my new friend Heather. I hope that Meredith's family and Heather can find peace amidst this terrible tragedy.

No comments: